Dentist near me in Hamilton, OH, offers teeth cleaning tips to keep your smile happy
Not only do teeth help you talk and chew. they also have a big impact on your appearance. Dr. Karen Ho of Dentistry on Parkdale answers her Hamilton, ON, patients when they ask,
is there a dentist near me who can help improve my teeth cleaning habits?”
Here Dr. Ho offers five tips for keeping your smile sparkling.
- Whiten your diet – Foods and beverages that are dark or red will discolor your teeth. Try to eliminate or lessen red wine, coffee, dark chocolate, and tea. If you can’t kick the habit, brush your teeth immediately after consuming these items.
- Eat your fruits and vegetables – Foods that are firm and crisp help to clean the teeth. Add some apples, raw carrots, and celery to your diet.
- Get a new toothbrush – Many patients wait until their bi-annual checkup to replace their toothbrush, but it should be changed at the three-month mark. Also, be sure to brush gently, using a 45-degree angle and circular motions.
- Don’t forget your tongue – With so much focus on the teeth and gums, it can be easy to forget about the tongue. However, the tongue can host a buildup of bacteria, which can lead to bad breath. Most people find that a tongue scraper is an easy and effective tool.
- Brush and floss – Most people know that these are the most critical habits to keeping your smile healthy and bright. Dentists recommend brushing your teeth as soon as you wake up and right before you go to bed. It’s also important to floss daily to ensure that there are no food particles stuck between the teeth.
The Dentistry on Parkdale team is committed to providing patients with the proper education and information so that you can develop good habits at home. Call 905-547-4940.